Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One of those coincidence weird yet cool unexpected divine intervention moments

So I was planning on leaving for the grocery store right after the girls left for school, but I got a couple of things done and then piddled around and then delayed a bit more. Then I remembered I had two letters that I had to take the post office to send so I grabbed those up and headed out the door.

In the parking lot, I saw a couple of ladies and one looked vaguely familar, but I dismissed it because her resemblance was to my Aunt Jane who is the Principal of Newbold College in England. I parked in a spot and was listening to Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio who was making an interesting point, so I sat for a couple of minutes and listened, when the two ladies walked in front of me and low and behold - it was my Aunt Jane and her friend Mimi!

OH MY GOODNESS! What are the odds that we end up in the same place at the same time? They gotta be HUGE. I could have have headed directly to the store on another errand I was planning to run and missed them completely. But it was one of those weird, yet cool and VERY unexpected divine intervention moments!

So we talked for a few minutes then Aunt Jane had to run to a meeting and I needed to get or errands done - so we made plans to meet for lunch.

So I ran my errands, went and pulled the girls out of school and met Aunt Jane and Mimi for lunch! We had a wonderful time chatting and catching up. Aunt Jane had another meeting and so Mimi came over to our house and we continued talking.

What a MOST awesome and yet extremely pleasant suprise.

2 comments:

WhiteTrek said...

Wow, Steve, those kinds of things let you know that there IS a God up there guiding everything! I'm glad you got to see your aunt. I bet the girls were glad to get out of school a little early. But I heard they closed Hamilton Co. Schools early anyway because of the high winds. I'm glad that weather is past us!

The Frequent Whistler from Misty Ridge said...

Wow, that's amazing Steve! Talk about Providence...