Friday, September 12, 2008

Bathtubs, Apple Pies, Light Bulbs & Batteries

It has been a full day! It's been a tiring one too.

My latest trip, an extra trip, wore me out because the guy I was running with, is a lazy good for nothing complainer.

For starters, he's a smoker and so you know what that means! Oy vai! At one point he sat up in the passenger's seat and smoked half a pack in two hours. That means I smoked at least a quarter of a pack!

Plus, he complained constantly about our job - Dude, if you hate it that much, QUIT! Go do something else. Not to mention he flat out lies to me and says it's 9 hours of driving to our 1st drop. It was only 400 miles, even at 60 mph that's 7 hours - and we could do 70 mph most of the way. (He was wanting it to seem longer so he could get more of a nap in the bunk - man, if you wanna sleep, just say so - don't treat me like an ignorant moron!)

On top of all that, the way we ran the trip, I did most all of the driving and many of the extras. That one wore me out.

So today, the girls had school and Doren had an exam plus "Rad Lab" responsibilities. That left me at home, with plenty to do.

I dropped the kids off at school and cleaned our bath-tub. Amazing that something people get into to get clean needs to be cleaned. We'd let it go for a while, so I was able to fix that today!

Then I did a couple of things on the computer for the parenting course we have coming up tomorrow and then went upstairs and made the crust for an apple pie. Yummy!

My mom already made the filling for us, so I whipped up the crust and filled it then threw it in the oven. LOVE that smell!

After that I ate lunch and worked on the tail-lights of our car. I'd noticed recently that some bulbs had gone out, and I'd just procrastinated on replacing them. So I did that.

While I was doing that the car made a funny clicking noise as I was testing the new bulbs to make sure all was correct. I went to start it up - NOTHING. The battery was dead.

Then I got our little battery charger out and tested it - yup, dead as a doornail. So I charged it enough to go get a new one and pick the kids up from school and swapped that out. I figured that since I'm gone on trips and Doreen's gotta get to school and tardies aren't an option and we gotta drive the kids school carpool regularly to bite the bullet and just replace the battery. With that and the fact the old battery had been installed in Jan of 02, well - it was time.

Wheew that was a full day!

Then we went over to some good friends of ours for supper and to talk about our upcoming Sabbath School campout and make some plans for that - well that just made for a full day!

Gonna sign off now - have a great weekend!

No comments: