Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Expensive Bump

A couple of weeks ago, while I was on a trip, Doreen called. During the course of the conversation she said, "So I was in the parking lot at Wal-Mart and bumped the mirror and it broke off." Talking about the drivers side mirror.

I asked what she hit, and she told me know, she barely bumped it with her hip as she was walking around the car to get in and it fell off.

Well - how irritating.

After I got home, I looked at it and sure enough all three plastic eyelits where the bolts go through to mount it to the car were broken. My guess is someone hit it pretty hard, rested it there and when she bumped it - boom it fell off.

Oh well - so I'll just get another one and put it back on.

By the way, this mirror has a power remote to move it to the angle you want to be able to see behind you while driving.

$75 dollars and 4 days later I had a new one and got it put on.

Man, I never realized how much I drive looking out my mirrors. When I was driving the car with that one gone, I'd look over to check behind me and - nothing.

Glad to have the new one on now!

No more bumps! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only $75 eh? Mine are $90, and I've broken both sides off in the past year. Ouch!