Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Birthday Part 2 OR 18 Years Without, 18 Years With

Today is another special day. It's my precious wife's birthday. That's right, my birthday is May 7 and her's is May 8. The kicker is, she was born a year after me. So she's ALWAYS one year behind me and never catches up. In fact, on the 7th she's a year and a day younger than me. Typically on my birthday, she'll call me "old man" or something along those lines! It's kinda cute!

This birthday marks for her a milestone. She just turned 36. No that's not the milestone, we met the first time when she was 18. 18x2=36, so that means she's known me as long as she hasn't known me. We've been together for 18 years (Dating, Engaged and Married) all together. Next year she'll have been with me longer than she was without me. Kinda interesting eh?

Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!

5 comments:

Trailady said...

Mazeltov!!!

Anonymous said...

That IS pretty cool! Sorry I didn't call... either of you. Man I'm a loser when it comes to that stuff!

Anonymous said...

Huh!! That's interesting, really. Scott & I have KNOWN each other for 18 years & have actually BEEN together for 17 years. So we've know each other longer than 1/2 our life time & have ALMOST been together for 1/2 our life. Huh!! That really is interesting when you put it that way.

The SSP said...

We figured it out the other day, Doreen will have to be 44 for us to be married longer than we were single and for me I'll have to turn 46 first. Interesting stuff eh?! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Doreen,

Happy Birthday...(Boa constrictor)!!!! Calvin is watching me write and he doesn't get boa constrictor. Ha, it just makes me laugh. Time is a weird thing isn't it? That's amazing that you have known Steve for half your life...explains alot (just kidding)

Love Shelly