Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Guarntee 45 Min or Later!!!! :(

What is the deal with towing companies? The standard answer is, "We'll have someone there in about 45 minutes. They are NEVER there within that timeframe. NEVER, at least in my experience with towing companies.







Ok - here's the story to get me up on my soapbox on this topic. Yesterday we were in Michigan making our round of deliveries. We'd alread been delayed at our 2nd drop because the garage door keypad wasn't working and we had to wait for someone to come out and open the door so we could deliver. So we head get done there and head to our third drop. In the back of this warehouse is a large gravel area for us to pull a U-turn in to head back the right way.


So I pull a U-turn and and as soon as I do - I feel the truck start to sink, so I gun it, only to have to stop because the wheels weren't turning the truck and we kept getting closer, too close, to the fence. So we got stuck. Tried getting out - to no avail. So we call work - they call a towing company and then call us back to say, "45 minutes." Well an hour and 20 minutes later, they show up, work for about 5 minutes, yank us out and take off.

45 minutes my eye!!! Maybe I ought to start my own towing company with a 30 min or under guarantee, or 15% off your bill thingy (Depending on how far away they are of course! Grin).

Oh well - chalk that one up to experience! :)

No comments: