Saturday, October 28, 2006

Good Day & Poser

What an AWESOME day!

Today at church, the message was about forgiveness. Pastor Mike talked about the girls exectued in Lancaster, PA and how the world has been shocked by how forgiving the Amish people are. (You know, why can't my religion be known for that type of stuff? No we've gotta be known for junk like the wackos at Waco!) It was a very compeling message. A very, VERY good one!

Then in Sabbath School, they celebrated my youngest's 4th birthday coming up on Tuesday and basically she'll be going to the next level of class starting next week. Kinda special!

After church we ran home, changed and headed off to some friends house with my in-laws and had a delicious chili meal and the kids all played together extremely well. So well in fact that we had most of the afternoon completely in adult conversation without the constant interuptions from little ones. That was kinda nice! :)

We got home and kinda hung out as family for a bit, put the girls to bed - I'm getting my gear ready for a trip to KY tonight - but I don't have to drive out - so I get to crawl right in the bunk as we take off!

Man, as I look back on it - it was a very, very blessed day!

Ok, so here's my poser for ya!
Today in Sabbath School a lady sitting next to Doreen and I was singing the songs, and she was SO very off key it wasn't even funny. I don't think she could carry a tune in a bucket if she had too - it was so bad!

It kinda reminded Doreen and I of a church that we occassionally attended in S. Illinois that had a head elder that would get up in front of the congregation for song service and would sing his little heart out - but wouldn't even get one note right. And I AM NOT exaggerating! This guy's singing was awful!

So am I mean for noticing and kinda chuckling under my breath, or just ignore it and let these people sing in their 'mannor' and hopefully be blessed?

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let 'em sing. I'm one of those that probably doesn't hit even ONE note right either. I still sing when I feel like singing, and stand or sit quietly when I don't.

Trailady said...

I was laughing just picturing it. Seriously, we can't take ourselves too seriously. Either those people know they are off tune and don't care because they are so carried away with praise, or they are SO tone deaf they don't know they are off. In either case, I just smile real big and enjoy the show. ;o)

It's the thought that counts, right?!

Roseuvsharon said...

I can just imagine Doreen wincing in pain, as she is so gifted with music.

I must admit, I've had those uncontrollable moments when I cringe and shudder when I hear a really sour note. I try not to make it so obvious, but it still happens.

Then, there's this guy that was at our church's Fall Fellowship. First time. He and his wife got convinced to go on the hayride with us. Karl started up the songs. He said he couldn't sing a thing, but he had enthusiasm and joy and a love for life. He joined in as best he could and he was right, it wasn't always that great. However, because he was sincere and full of joy, we all noticed his zeal and joy more than any sour note.