Saturday, March 25, 2006

Why do You blog?

So why do You blog?

It's kind of interesting to read blogs. Blogs of family, friends and those of the vast unknown worldwide population but are plugged into the internet - and type in english! :) (Tried reading some in Chinese and Turkish and failed miserably! He, he, he!)

I read people who blog for a creative outlet. Some, like me, blog to keep family located a great distance away, updated on what's happening. Some get up on soap boxes for political or religious reasons. Some need an outlet to vent and use the blog for that purpose. Some want to just talk about themselves. Others have one issue that is a sticking point with them and they just go with it, no matter what sense they make. Still others just like to write, so...

...Why do you take the time to blog.

I'm curious to know!

Blogging away!

5 comments:

Roseuvsharon said...

Outlet.

I'm a woman of child bearing age.

Hard to get people in church to listen to that.

God fills my heart. I'm not a man, not allowed up front at church, so I have to have an outlet. Blogging.

Trailady said...

I blog for many reasons:
1) I stay home most of the time, so it's a way to reach out & stay connected to other people around the world. It helps stave off the intense lonliness I sometimes feel.
2) It's a sounding board for me to express where I am on my journey toward God.
3) I learn a lot by reading other people's perspectives. It helps keep my mind active & alert.
4) It's a way for friends & family to be able to check in on us when they are interested, instead of me invading inboxes with my family updates.

Anonymous said...

Ah... A question that I've asked myself often. I guess it comes down to two things:
1) It's a way to keep family informed with what's going on in my life, since we had to up and move so stinking far away from everyone!
2) So I can look back and remember things that have happened. Because let's face it, my memory stinks!

MovinMan said...

I have two blogs. The separate blogs have different "feels" to them. One is strictly for spiritual insights gathered from my everyday life. The other is an outlet for various thoughts of mine and others who I think people would (or should) find interesting.

Marcel said...

Definitely a creative outlet. Yet, as a new blogger (three months into it), I have yet to figure out my true intentions. What do I aspire it to be- spiritual leanings? The daily report? Comedic short writings? It's anybody's guess at this point.