Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Unknowns

Oh my goodness. I really, REALLY dislike, with a passion, moving, as I mentioned earlier. In fact if I could have a choice between getting an ice pick shoved under my toe-nails or moving, I'd choose the ice pick! :)

Anyway, in this move process, in any move process, there is always these hidden unknown costs.

We had a pretty big one hit us in the bank account yesterday. In our Madisonville home, the washer would occassionally leak. I thought we found it and plugged it up. Well, at my inlaws place, when they moved the washer - they found the remains of where it looked like it leaked a little a few times. Monday, when Doreen did the laundry, we ended up with a small creek in our utility room. So, we called an appliance repairman to come check it and the dryer out. (It took 2 cycles for the dryer to actually work.)

Turns out, the dryer's thermostat wasn't working - he replaced that. Then the tub of the washing machine has a crack in it - not economical for replacement or repair.

So we bit the bullet and bought a new washing machine yesterday.

Glad for that, but unfortunatly, we had to use the cash we had earmarked for a new recliner for the living room on the washer! PTL and DOH!!!

We're thankful we had the cash, and yet dissapointed it had to be used on an 'emergency' we didn't have planned in the moving budget!!

Aaahhh - the unknowns!!!

1 comment:

Trailady said...

Been there, done that about a million times. You crack me up with the "PTL and DOH!!!!" :o)