Sunday, August 29, 2004

Reboot Kickin my Butt

It's been a pretty good day - overall.

Had to go to work (www.lifetalk.net) for about 3 hours this morning to audition 2 thirty minute programs to go on the air this afternoon. I planned to work at that for about an hour to get those done then do about 2 hours of editing so I can get ahead of myself for this week as we prepare for our sharathon next Tue & Wed.

Get to work and an engineer is there talking with our Chief Operating Officer about plans to move the campus of Southern Adventist University soon and a couple of 'problems' we're running into. So I got sucked into that, which took 15 minutes. Another 15 minutes went into the telling of how the storm we had last night knocked a pot out on the broadcast board and knocked out an audio card that had to be replaced to stay on the air. All I can say is I'm thankful I WASN'T on call. What a pain in the rear.

So I finally get to my desk and get to auditioning and editing the programs and the COO walks in and wants to talk more about the move. So we Talk and talk and talk - then we called the Prez of LTR and talked about it some more. So all this talk means a trip to SAU for most of us to check out the possible new/temporary location.

So FINALLY - I get the editing done and I'm outta time and gotta pack up and head home.

We have lunch and I'm just bushed from staying up so late watching "50 First Dates." Funny movie, a bit too much potty humor for my liking, but pretty good overall.

So the girls go out to play in the sprinkler and I take a nap. A nice LONG nap cuz I knew I was going to stay up late watching the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics. (Which we're doing right now)

However, the last two hours I've been re-formatting our hard drive because we got BUGGED somehow and couldn't surf the web and applications took EONS to load up and sometimes wouldn't even work!

Seems to be fine now - of what I've done. I could actually get on my blog in under a minute! :)

Hope you had a good Sunday!

No comments: