Saturday, May 01, 2010

A Game of Dog & Chicken

You've heard of a game of Cat & Mouse? Well, let me tell you about a new game of Dog & Chicken.

I was out mowing the backyard our lawn on Friday and our Dog, Mocha, and Chicken, Peepers were playing a hilarious game!

Mocha had been barking at me to throw the ball for her, so once when I went by it with the mower, I picked it up to throw it for her... and she was nowhere to be found. I couldn't see her anywhere. So I tossed the ball away and went on mowing around the backside of our shed.

That's where Peepers came 'running' by me at top speed, from the back of the yard. That was hilarious in itself, because chickens just run funny!

As I came on around the shed, I saw Peepers sneek (as well as a chicken can) up to Mocha's food dish and begin pecking at the dog food. Well, not two seconds later, Mocha comes streaking across the yard and runs up to Peepers, barking her head off. Peepers then takes off.

Not a couple of laps around the lawn later, I see this whole dance played out again!

After I finished I went to put Mocha back on the leash we keep her on while Peepers is free in the backyard and we're not physically present.

Peepers was 'hanging' out between the fence and Mocha's doghouse/food dish. As I was trying to get the leash on Mocha's collar, it was kinda hard because she kept twisting her head back and fourth to watch Peepers. I finally took a good grip of the collar and got Mocha's attention to get the leash attached and Peepers took that instant to RUN for the dog dish and got a couple of 'pecks' in before Mocha wrenched free of my grip - dog leash attached - and went to defend her dog-dish!

That was one of the most hilarious things I've seen in my life. I am hoping to someday catch party of that 'Dog & Chicken Game' on video to remember it and laugh at occasionally!!! :)

No comments: