Tuesday, May 11, 2010

40th Birthday Cards

So, I really loved all the cards I received for my 40th birthday and wanted to post the 'ditties' written on them here so I can look back at them occasionally and get a good chuckle!

Enjoy!

--sp

"Over the Hill Driver's Car Kit"
When you get behind the wheel
It's important that everyone know:
you don't know where you're going
And your only speed is slow!

You're low on octane, high on gas
And you turn and stop at will.
you think you're an "experienced" driver,
Truth is, you're over the hill.

(Pretty appropriate considering my current job! Ha, ha, ha!)
(I think I got that kit from the Gallaghers.)

----------

Hey, 40 year-old!
You should be excited about your birthday!
In the dictionary, "Forty" is surrounded by words like...
Fabulous, Festive, Fruitful...

False Teeth, Flatulence, Funeral, hummmm...

Ahem...

Anyway, have a fun 40th Birthday!!!
(Very creative and hilarious!)
(Cantrells)

----------

To: Old Man Pester

Happy Birthday and Look on the bright side of being 40!

You've already had as much fun as 2 twenty-year-olds!!!

(OUCH - LOL)
(Gallaghers - who are both in their twenties. How ironic they find that card!)

----------

Another Year Older?
You're Lookin' Good!
You're Feelin' Good!

You apparently don't realize what's going on!
Oh well Happy Birthday!

(WAAAA HA, HA, HA!)
(Reutebuch)

----------

I made sure I didn't get a funny card for your birthday.

I know how easily people your age pee their pants!

(That one REALLY cracked me up!)
(Bremmers)

----------

You're "40!" Do something that brings back memories of your "WILD YOUTH!"

Play an album!

(LOL - I think I still have an album around here somewhere! **GRIN**)
(Piroks)

----------

A long, LONG time ago...

You were born! (It plays the music from the Star Wars theme!)

(Unfortunately, that one is SO very true! *Chuckle*)
(Ashmores - of course they were BOTH born before me - HA!!!)

----------

On your 40th birthday: you're not over the hill yet!

...but you're certainly high enough to get nosebleeds!

(Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!)
(Ottos)

----------

And here's a note a friend had pinned to her shirt...

You'd be out of breath, too!!!

(The guy just climbed a HUGE hill, ya know?!!)

(THAT ONE TOOK ME A SEC TO CATCH, BUT ONCE I CAUGHT ON I LAUGHED MYSELF SILLY!)
(Spicers)

----------

AND FINALLY, FROM MY 39 YEAR-OLD, MOST PRECIOUS WIFE...


To my Husband; I love you so much - you make me feel warm all over!

...and I'm sure I'll feel even warmer when I get near your birthday cake, what with that incredible wall of flame rising from the candles!

(That one is so very true, it's not even funny! Well it actually is! HA!)


THOSE ALL MADE ME LAUGH INCREDIBLY HARD! YEAH, IT'S GOOD TO BE 40, BECAUSE I'VE MADE SOME GOOD FRIENDS ALONG THE WAY - FRIENDS FOR ETERNITY!!!

:-)

1 comment:

Jen said...

FRIENDS FOR ETERNITY!!! fo' sure! :D