Thursday, March 12, 2009

Family Drama - Fingernail Polish or Lipstick

We were headed home from church a couple of weeks ago and all of a sudden Joelle announces to us that Natalie did something wrong.

WOW - what is that and where did that come from? Well, part of it is that Joelle must have learned her lesson well when she got busted hiding one of her sister's secrets from us.

So we ask Natalie what happened and she doesn't want to tell us.

I assume it's 'damage' to the car or she broke something important and start to get irritate and want her to tell us right now.

But a cooler head - Doreen's - prevails and she talks Natalie to tell us after we get home.

We all get home and change and Natalie doesn't want to talk. She only wants to talk with Mommy. Well, we need to work on that - so she can talk with Mommy with Daddy in the room, quiet.

So we sit there, and sit there and sit there waiting. Nothing. Finally Doreen tries to coax the info out of her and after a bit the story comes out.

She said she put stuff on her lips.

"What stuff?"
"Fingernail Polish."
"When?"
"This week."
"Where?"
"I took it to school and put it on there."

Oy Vai!!!

She's only 6 and she's trying to hide stuff like this from us already.

Fortunately it didn't take very well and she gave up.

We explained that she wasn't in trouble, that doing things like that isn't very good for her health.

If she wants some lipstick, moderate of course, then we'll get her some - but it's not allowed at school.

Whooosh. I cannot believe the drama a couple of little girls produce. Amazing!!!

Well - that's all for now...

...I hope!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now you are starting toknow what raising children is all about. Sounds like you guys handled it well. I can relate to your response. I am afraid I usually had you initial response than not. I am sorry. Good luck son!!!!

Pop

Anonymous said...

Grams said mabe some lip gloss would be the way to go. don't ask me I know nothing. Pop