Wednesday, March 11, 2009

.25 Project or Coin Collecting

This past Christmas, Mom & Dad gave each of my girls a book with the state quarters them. (Except for the ones that hadn't been minted yet.) They really liked them and now we have them stashed somewhere safe easily accessable for them to add to them and just enjoy them ocassionally.

Well a few weeks ago while talking with my mom on the phone she asked me to watch out for the Philadelphia minted state coins. She has all the Denver minted stated coins, but is lacking the ones from this side of the country.

So I walked into our closet and pulled out a container I've been saving coins in when I return from my trips.

I went through them and pulled out all but about 3 or 4 Philadelphia minted state quarters she was needing. Very cool.

In the process I went ahead and pulled out a Denver and Philadelphia minted coin from each state I had to start a book for us.

I'm still missing a few Philly coins, but probably a dozen or so Denver coins.

But it was wild, looking through those coins, I had 13 West Virginias, 11 New Yorks, 11 Virginias, 10 Connecticuts and North Carolinas, 8 Georgias and 7 Arkansas, New Hampshires and North Dakotas. I had 5 Colorados and 5 Bicentennal quarters too.

Not gonna become a coin collecting geek, but it is kinda fun! :)

I'll post a pic on here when I've got 'em all!

No comments: