Wednesday, March 11, 2009

End of an Era - Wheresgeorge?

I've come to an end of an era in my life. For the past 6 years I have been active in the wheresgeorge.com community. Basically, when any paper cash passes through your hands, you stamp it, log it on wheresgeorge and spend it and hope someone else hits it so you can see where it's traveled to since you had it.

It's been kinda fun seeing where some of my bills have traveled.

Well, this month, exactly 6 years after I started I have logged $20,000 in bills. I figured it was a good place to stop - finally.

Let's see, that averages out to having $3,333 dollars pass through my hands every year. $277 a month, $9 a day or .38 cents a minute.

My first month, March 03, I logged 10 bills. The highest number of bills I logged was in Nov of 08, 61 bills. The lowest number of bills I logged was Sept 02, 2.

The largest dollar amount I logged in one month was Feb 05, $3,824. That was due to paying the sheetrock hangers who were building my in-laws house in cash. I had to WG it before paying them! ;) The smallest amount I logged in one month was June 03, $10.

Got some change from lunch at McD's yesterday and I put it in my wallet to WG when I got home, then remembered - I'm out, done, fine`! It was kinda sad and yet kind of a relief! :)

It's been fun and if you see one of my bills, go ahead and log it - I'll still watch the ones I've got floating around to see where they go!

No comments: