Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blow Out

Today, we went for a bike ride on Collegedale, TN Greenway. We are really enjoying that trail-a-bike. We started at the West end and headed toward Southern University. Once we got there, we rode around campus a bit, then started heading back.

We get in the middle of the greenway on a long relatively straight stretch, me & Natalie in front, Joelle and Doreen bringing up the drag.

All of a sudden I hear a "POP." I sounded like a little .22 pistol going off. I look around and Joelle & Doreen are stopped.

I turn around and come to find out that Joelle's back tire blew. It was a used bike, and whoever owned it before obviously LOVED to skid the tires. Joelle does too a bit and I guess that it wore through, started rubbing the tube and 'pop goes the weasel.'

She did great though, kept control, pulled off to the side and stopped.

Well, we were all going to walk back to the truck, then Doreen very wisely suggested, that Natalie and I bike back, at a high rate of speed, got the truck and headed back to pick up Doreen & Natalie and the wounded bike.

What a memory! :)

No comments: