Friday, March 30, 2007

State of Work Thoughts! :)

Got three trips in this week. My 1st 3 tripper week since vacation. It was good to get back into it one trip the 1st week back, 2 the 2nd and three this week. Althought it is interesting. 3 trailers full of cases and I unloaded over 126,000 pounds of stuff. And no exaggerating here - I touch every piece coming off the truck. It's all good though, still thoroughly enjoying my job, or rather the stressless of it and the time I have at home. Wonderful!!!

Got back in at 4am from NC and slept a few hours, got up and went in to work for a 'health fair,' Spring Report and Driver bid meeting. All very interesting. It just amazes me how many people buy our product. That is awesome!!!

The bid meeting is where drivers choose what trips they will take for the next 12 months. It is an intersting process to watch. Since it is all senority based, that is all I could do is watch. Don't have enough senority yet. Still 20th or so from the bottom.

Not that I was expecting anything, I was a bit dissappointed to not get picked up as a partner for a bid run. A number of guys I'd run with recently got partnered up, and for them I'm happy. (Most of 'em anyway! He, he) I was just hoping to get a regular partner and a regular schedule. I know it will happen when it is supposed to, and I just need to be patient and wait for God's perfect timing, and I will. For this evening though, I do feel a bit of dissappointment.

I'll get over it.

Got to run out Saturday night to Flat Lick, Kentucky. That should cure my blues! NOT! He, he, he!

Time a home with a wonderful family will though!!! Come On Sabbath, Sunday afternoon and Monday!!! :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: