Friday, March 16, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End :(

What an enjoyable week! Having family here visiting and having the time off was just absolutely AWESOME!!! They've pretty much all left now. (My family took off this afternoon, Doreen's leave right after breakfast in the morning.) It feels so empty and quiet around here. Oh but it was definetly worth it. We had some excellent visiting time! We had tons of fun sightseeing some of the stuff around chattanooga! We just had a ball.

After we got done with the Old Time Picture, some adults took the kids out to the Chattanooga Choo Choo train they can climb onto the Locomotive (Non functioning of course, we wouldn't allow 9 crazed children on a an operational one - he, he, he) and see it all. Then after we finished buying the pics, the rest of us joined them for ome fun. (See more pics to follow later!) Here's everyone in a gazebo just up the way from the Choo Choo.

Here's my family, my folks, my sisters and ALL our kid'os. Not at a bad looking group of I don't mind saying so myself! :) Another plus to this whole thing, the days we had outside things planned it was absolutely 'gorgeous' weather out. The one day we got rain, we had an indoor event planned!

My parents, twin sisters and I at the Tennessee Aquarium. All the kids just had a ball checking out all the critters they have in those buildings. If I had to guess, most of the adults had quite the enjoyable time too! :)


The next day was Ruby Falls and Rock City. Both were just absolutely breath-taking.



It was awesome and unique being 260 feet underground to see the unique beauty and then turn right around and go up to the Top of Lookout Mountain at 1800 Ft and check out the view from up there! Awesome!!!



The following day we just hung out at the Collegedale Memorial park together for a while. Dad and Jim, both a Vet and Reserve really enjoyed the memorials they had up all over the place. Of course our kids enjoyed it in their own way! :)

Then we toured the place where I work. We actually went through the place where they make the Honey Buns. OH, MY, GOODNESS!!! THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Wish I could tell ya about it, but I can't cuz I can't track each of you down and kill ya after I let the 'secret' out of the bag! :) As and employee, I signed a security notice. Gotta keep my trap shut! (In a whispering voice...) ask one of the others about the details! :) Then as a 'gift' we each got a brand new fresh box of honey buns right off the line! Oh my goodness was that yummy!!!


And of course, don't you see the family resemblance! (Even with the two kids that aren't family! He, he, he!) We chilled out in the morning, then in the afternoon we swarmed on Chuck E Cheese's place out there. I tell ya what, those kids would have gone ALL day if we had the money to have the tokens to keep 'em! Whoooo weeee - the energy in that building from ALL the kids, not just our own. If there were only some way to harness that! It would end world hunger! :)

After CEC's we headed back to the Rec room for cake, ice cream, a couple of party's and just visiting/horsing around - depending on your age group!!!

The ONLY really bad thing about this weekend, the time change Sat night had us all in a tither this week. Oh well!

Watch for more pics to follow!!

No comments: