Friday, July 21, 2006

Still Alive and Kickin'

Hey y'all,

What do these dates have in common??? (Kinda like the game Tri-Bond!

Jul 02 Hint
Jun 11 Hint
May 20 Hint
May 04 Hint
Apr 26 Hint
Apr 25 Hint
Apr 08 Hint
Mar 10 Hint

Each of these people, my favoritiest family and friends, like me have seriously procrastinated with blogging. (Note; I spared listing those who have at least posted in July.) These are a few of the links I check each day to see if any news of family or friends have been posted to keep up with what's going on with everybody and feel sad when I see nothing. Then I realize, I have been neglegent in posting since the beginning of the month myself. Shame on me!

So I'll share a couple of quick stories and then later in the week, as time permits, I'll put up some photos I'm sure, or at least hope, you all will thoroughly enjoy!

Lately, we've had a 'time' with our dog, Sugar. On the 4th of July, I was in Michigan working and got a call from Doreen - our dog was missing. They'd put her in our fenced in backyard, and headed out to see fireworks. When they returned home - the dog was gone. It wasn't until late the next day that Sugar appeared at a guys house, miles and miles and miles away. He called the number on the tag and Doreen, Joelle and Natalie went over there to retrieve our dog.

To combat that problem, we purchased a 'metal-rope' to keep her tied up when we leave the house. Again - on a trip, I get a call from Doreen, the dog is gone. The plastic hasp on her collar was broken. So, the dog is gone and the collar is still there. No way for anyone to call this time. Sure enough though, a few hours later - she shows up on the front porch.

So - we've gotta find the 'hole' she's escaping through, and then we've got to do some serious training so the dog will learn to stay home!!!

Last Friday, we had a get-together at a friends house to say "goodbye" to the team that had worked so well at My Former Place of Employment. Many of them don't have any idea of what they will end up doing. They're all searching and trying to get some Heavenly guidance on where to go. We wish nothing but the best for each of them.

As a former collegue and I were discussing this event, we decided to have our own little awards show, to have some fun and yet, say "Thanks for being a 'great' coworker." I believe it came off quite well!!! I think we all enjoyed it thoroughly and it gave each of us a time to remember, with fond memories, working side by side in a ministry Connecting Listeners with Christ. It will be time cherished, both the work and the get-together!

Here's another story, and I believe I've saved the best for last. It's about the differences between my two girls.

In searching for 'gag' gifts for these people, we went into the Dollar store for an item or two and walked down the 'toy' isle. Mistake. Gotta remember as a parent to NOT take kids down the toy isle - to avoid the question, "Daddy, can I have (Input whatever toy you can think of here!)?

Well, since we were in the Dollar store, Natalie, my youngest a HUGE Barbie/Dolly/Prissy toys fan, saw a Barbie like character and began begging for it. So I said yes. Then my oldest, Joelle, asked for one and I said yes to here. Not 20 seconds later she saw a bag of little green toy soldiers - and immediatly said, "Daddy, can I have these instead?" Talk about shocking my socks off. My girls are SO very different in their personallities. It is so very cute, and quite fun to watch!

Okie, dokie - watch for some pics to follow - SOON!!! I promise!

Later y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, you MUST acquaint yourself with RSS. It's integrated into Mozilla Thunderbird (my email prog @ home) and you can get a 3rd party add on to integrate it into Outlook (my email prog @ work). OR, you can use a stand-alone prog (feeddemon), or an online service (newsgator). Trust me, VERY helpful in keeping up with multiple news sites without having to visit the pages. And blogs... forget about it! Every blog has an RSS feed, and it's a God-send. Really, I'm reasonably certain that God was instrumental in the RSS protocol. Check into it and email or call me if you have questions. Once you get it setup, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.