Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Downside/Upside

Got home this morning from work about 5am. (Yup, we drove ALL night returning from Mississhippy - got some sleep though and that is a good thing!)

For the last 4 months, up until this last week, when I'd come home during normal sleeping hours, a 'doggy' alarm clock would go off barking her fool head off - after she jumped under the bed of course! (Guess there was something under there she really needed to protect! He, he, he)

Of course, even though both Doreen and I knew this routine, it typically would scare the beejeebers outta us.

Well - getting home this morning - I subconsciously expected routine eruption, on the downside it didn't happen. How sad to think about our gone puppy. On the upside though, the routine eruption didn't happen so we both calmly crashed after I crawled into bed.

Another thing, yesterday morning when I was making my tuna sandwiches for my lunch, I always left a 'little something' in the can and called for Sugar. I left the 'little something,' put the can on the floor and was just about to call when I remembered. How sad!

Then this evening, after a little 'Pester' family softball practice - when got home, Joelle ran into the basement and called, "Sugar." She then paused for a sec, then said, "Oh yeah, poor Sugar died."

Oh - Doreen and my heart just went out when we heard that.

Precious yet sad!

2 comments:

Roseuvsharon said...

So sorry to hear about little Sugar.

Trailady said...

Heartbreaking!!!

We knew for weeks that we were going to have to put our old dog down. We were able to bury Timber in our back yard in her own special coffin, so that gave us some closure...

Again- sorry for your loss. I know of a Toy Poodle breeder that has pups available soon. Let me know if you are interested in a smart, no-odor, no-shedding, hypo-allergenic dog.