Monday, July 24, 2006

Confession...

Ok - I've got something serious I have to fess up to. I need to get this out and not keep it as a secret. It's something I'm not ashamed of though. I think you all should know I've been having an affair with my hair stylist. Yeah, its true. Not at all shocking though when you see the beauty that my hair stylist is...






...of course it's my beautiful wife! :)
He, he, he! Did I get any of ya? Hope so! I've been after Doreen for years to cut my hair. She always claimed that she couldn't do it. Too hard, don't know how, etc! Well, the ladies I've been going to get my hair cut at lately have been doing a mediocore job. $10 a cut, including tip, is just too much to pay to be unhappy with the result. So... I watched closely the last couple of times I went in, and then proclaimed to Doreen that she COULD do it!

This last week, we went and bought a hair trimmer and today was the day she gave me my first cut. I explained to her exactly how they do it at the store, and voila - with a little prompting here and there on how the 'pros' do it - she did it. And what's more I'm VERY pleased how it turned out. As good or better than any of the people who'd been to beauty school and I paid 'em to cut it.

So now, we've got to get through 4 cuts and the trimmers will pay for themselves and then we can start saving that $10 every trip I had to go in, plus I get to keep my hair shorter - cuz I can afford to. I told Doreen that after we 'pay' for the trimmer, she needs to budget in a small amout for herself to 'pay' her for the haircut job!

Kinda, extremely COOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence, Staci and Rebekah just "cut" my hair tonight! I agree, $10 for a mediocre hair cut isn't worth it.

Trailady said...

Well, good for you! My hubby has been having an affair with his stylist for years also. ;o)

The money you save will add up!