Sunday, May 21, 2006

Re-Connecting

So this weekend, we went to a campground, we've camped at a number of times with our old church family.

They were camping there, and we went up to spend the day with them. Hadn't in a while.

It was great re-connecting with some old friends. These are the people that were there before Joelle was born, many of them came to see us/her in the hospital, many of them we helped and worked beside in at the church and did a many great things together.

It was actually Doreen that was feeling this nostaliga after we had to split because it started raining pretty heavy! :)

But then later on, at home the girls and I were wrestling around and Doreen was playing her guitar singing a bunch of song from an old song book she got back in our Illinois days.

She played #134 "Less of Me" and #237 "Try a Little Kindness." Both those reminded me of a friend who LOVED to pick those songs at EVERY song-service then shoot me an evil littl grin. Then she played #93 "I'll Fly Away" which reminded me of a Pentecostal friend, who would sing in his rich bass voice SO incredibly loud every time we sang that song.

Re-connecting with friends and memories - Priceless!!!

Nice!

2 comments:

Roseuvsharon said...

Seeing as I've been there for some of those Illinois days, I'm vicariously enjoying the reconnect as well.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! I remember those days...and the songs. Good times and great memories! :)