Sunday, May 21, 2006

Fav Pop Song

So while I've been driving, I've been listening to channel 08 on my Sirius Satellite receiver radio. It's all 80's music all the time - NO commercials. Of course I listen to channel 120 - ESPN radio, channel 123 Sirius Speedway, channel 103 Blue Collar Comedy among many others.

Anyway, as I've been listening to a lot of the 80's stuff again, I have once again been reaffirmed of my favorite pop song ever.

Jefferson Starship "Nothing's gonna stop us now."

Love the song. Love it in the movie "Mannequin" just all around my favorite.

So - do you have a favorite pop song???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I was ever a huge "pop" guy. Now "rock," that's where it was at for me! Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Metallica! Ah... The good ol' days. It's all Christian music now, and I'm much better off for it (even if you wouldn't be able to tell much difference between the christian music i listen to and rock music - I can tell).

Anyway, the only pop song that I remember really liking would be "Believe It or Not" the theme song of The Greatest American Hero. It was #2 on the Billboard chart in 1981.

Two more things...
1) You have an unhealthy fascination with the movie Mannequin!
2) How could you not have picked "Hollywood Montrose. Doesn't that just SING?!" as one of your favorite movie lines?

Trailady said...

Oh Man- I really dig 80's music- don't think I could narrow it down to just one! Here are a few:

Nobody's Gonna Breaka My Stride
We Built this City
Livin' on A Prayer
What A Feeling
Eye of the Tiger
I Wanna Dance with Somebody
Rock Me Amadeus
Axle F
You're the Inspiration
The ENTIRE Top Gun Soundtrack!