Friday, November 25, 2005

Truly Thankful and Stuff

Well - Thanksgiving has come and gone once again. My how time flies. Interesting - I just skimmed through my journal pages from a year ago. Wow - lots going on, our first Geocache found, the beginning of 'hatred' of my former job, a fun family visit and dealing with colds. I probably wouldn't have remembered a quarter of what I journaled. It's nice to be able to go back and read through that stuff and remember the good and the bad.

This year we had a GREAT thanksgiving. We had my in-laws and Doreen's great grandma over for a meal and everyone pitched in so one person didn't have to do it all - that's truly nice! It was delicious (2 pumpkin pies, one apple pie, [fake] turkey and stuffing dish, peas, cranberry sauce, real mashed potatoes and cider - I'm getting hungry again thinking about it! **GRIN**) and the company was great.

Got to watch some football - Go Broncos - beating Dallas in overtime, barely. But a win is a win! :) Just got to be a bit sharper!

Today we lazed around a bit. We put up our Christmas stuff. Ate at our favorite restaurant in Collegedale, Raphaels. (They make a mean pizza and some great sandwiches and stuff. Good grub for a very fair price. It ain't Taco Bell $$$'s - but it ain't TGI Friday's $$$'s either.)

Got back and Doreen and her Dad began painting a primer coat on the garage interior. The sheetrock is hung and the mud dried and sanded - we're trying to get the place done. I stayed outside with the blower and pushed leaves out of the flowerbeds and driveway into a pile and outta the way. Got a LOT more to do - but it's looking better. Much, MUCH better. We actually have a driveway now, that's visible!

In our prayer at our Thanksgiving meal we all went around and said what we were Thankful for. It was cute, Joelle said, "And Jesus I'm thankful that it's Christmas time." She just LOVES this season and thoroughly enjoyed putting up our tree today. She loves it all!

I am extremely thankful for my new job. It's been a challenge to learn - but I'm getting the hang of it and love having NO stress. My last trip out was not the best - but compared to what I was dealing with before - well - this is just a snack cake! :)

I thoroughly enjoyed driving out Tuesday night. I mean after the fireworks. I had called in at 3pm and the voice express said I was headed out at 6:30a on Wed. to Georgia. Cool I thought. Then while making my lunch for the next day, I decide to catch my log book up in prep for the next day and so at 8:20p I call voicemail to get all the info on the voicemail and hear that my load leaves out Tuesday at 9p headed for Hickory, NC. WHAT??!!! (Later on I found out the key for not letting that happen again! GRIN) So I rush around get stuff together and hustle to work to get there with a bit of time to spare.

As I was headed out of Atlanta on highway 85 and getting out into nowheresville, GA I was watching the stars a bit as I drove - got to see about 6 shooting stars. Very AWESOME!

When we got back Thursday morning - it was 3 am and we were the last truck, and I do mean last truck in before the entire Bakery shut down for the holiday. We had a mechanic and a coordinator waiting our arrival so we and they could wrap everything up. I hated being the last in - especially since we could have been in much, MUCH earlier, but that's another story for another time. :) But I guess someone's got to be last in. It was cool seing the entire trucking lot full to overflowing. Tractors were parked 4 deep in the lot. Every trailer parking space was filled - all the docks had trailers. They're gonna have to get some more space if they intend to continue to expand the fleet! :) It's mondo crowded.

Found out one other bit of .news that's interesting. Little Debbie is teaming up with the Wood Brothers in NASCAR to sponser 19 races as the primary sponsor of the #21 Ford. (I'm disappointed it's a Ford, but beggers can't be choosers.) That is just awesome to me. I wish I could drive the Transport - but that's probably out. Oh well - I just have to pull for Kenny Schrader to win some races with Little Debbie on the hood.

Well, I head out Saturday night at 11:30p for a 650 mile KY run. On stop in TN, 3 in VA and one in KY before getting back home. Looking foward to it.

You all have a "Happy Thanksgiving" weekend!

Blessings all!!!

2 comments:

The SSP said...

PS We stopped by my former place of employment to drop a couple things off for a friend and talked with all our 'friends' there and thankfull didn't talk with our 'non-friends' there. Things haven't changed at all - and I'm not suprised. Nothing else has gotten done in the TV Dept since I left. NOTHING. Sad but true. Made me extremely GLAD to be outta there!!!

Anonymous said...

DEBBIE does not look so little on that car.