Friday, November 04, 2005

The Force was with Me OR I HATE VEHICLES

Hey all - what up?

Got lots going on. Mainly, they're happy enough with me at work that after next week I might be 'released' from training 2 weeks early and be put in the regular rotation. I guess we'll see.

Took two trips this week. One to Battle Creek, MI and the other to Thompson, GA. On the Georgia run, I left at 2am. As I was driving down the road, it came to my mind to give Doreen a call and tell her good night. (She'd been up in Madisonville visiting with her sister and parents - so I'd not talked with her in person for 2 days.) As I reached for my phone I looked at the clock on the dash and realize it was 20 min after 2am and if I call I'm gonna have some unhappy in-laws and an unhappy wife. (Hopefully she'd feel loved though! **GRIN**) He, he, he.

So I'm really hating my car right now. We just put an engine in it. Which seems to be running great by the way - even better than the old one. I must have been getting bad for some time. I went to pass a little old lady driver who was doing 30 in a 40 mph zone and when I stuck my foot in it with the other engine - it would kinda hick-up. This engine just zoomed around that little old lady. Cool. But I digress...

This afternoon after getting gas and driving home - I went to roll the window up and heard this huge "POP" and I watched the window slide down into the door. It was gone. So when I got home I took the door apart and found one of the plastic slides that holds the window and goes up and down in a track broke and so I got the window back up into place and we'll have to take it in to get it fixed this week. Aaaarrrgghhhhh!

Took the girls into Wal-mart this evening for an errand and ended up getting Joelle the DVD of Toy Story, Natalie came away with Princess Stories 3 (They've already got 1 & 2) and the 'Force' was with me and I was victorious and came out with Star Wars episode 3! Yeah baby! :)

This next week I head out for KY Sat night and North Central IL on Tuesday. I'll be done with work either late Wed or Early Thur Morning. Should be a great week.

Hope you have a good one! :)

Out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, you crack me up man! Working 3 out of 7 days every week sure must be rough!