Monday, November 14, 2005

Aaaaaahhhhh....

...what a great LONG weekend.

We started it on Friday going up to Dollywood to enjoy the Von Trapp grandkids. (These are the grandkids of the 'boy - Kurt' in the Sound of Music movie. They did all right. Nothing awesome - and we probably wouldn't have been interested if it weren't for their heritage - but it was still fun and very relaxing.

Dollywood has the entire theme park decked out in its Christmas best and Joelle was amazed at every little Christmas thing she saw. Very precious.

We hung out at and with Larry & Sandra's this weekend. Went to church at Athens. Enjoyed a great potluck, watched 'A Lot Like Love' with Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher. Not bad.

Dollywood has the entire theme park decked out in its Christmas best and Joelle was amazed at every little Christmas thing she saw. Very precious.

We hung out at and with Larry & Sandra's this weekend. Went to church at Athens. Enjoyed a great potluck, watched 'A Lot Like Love' with Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher. Not bad.

At home we filled up when we saw that gas was $1.96. Suprised it was under $2 I couldn't help but stop and fill the tank that was about 1/4 full. Now the question in my mind becomes, how far down are they gonna let it get? Can't be too far. Although if you ask me, the farther below the $2 mark the better!


Helped a friend in Madisonville move this weekend. Originally her e-mail said it was a packing party. That to me says we're packing things in boxes. But my assumption was really, REALLY wrong. It was a 'loading' party. You know where you load furniture, boxes and junk in a truck to move it. Guess what job I got stuck with? That's right - loading the truck. In fact the son told me that Sandy said that nobody was to 'touch' anything until I arrived. Aaarrggghh. I thought I was out of the moving business! :) I really like my job now of UNLOADING boxes that average 18lbs. We can #1 - use rollers and #2 don't have to load it, #3 have to worry about things getting damaged etc. Oh well, we were done by noon and got fed pizza and those cool new Pringles chips with the fun trivia questions imprinted on each chip and some excellent Keebler cookies! She did end up giving us a 'grill' she didn't want to move to SC - so I guess it was a fair trade! :)

So what is it about our 'church' leaders shipping 'crap' leaders/pastors off to different assignments in the denomination??? You know I can see giving these guys one maybe two and possibly three chances to get in the right situation - but dang, it's like an unwritten code in our denomination to never fire anyone Even complete losers. They just "PASS THE BUCK" to another church or ministry or conference or position. I mean come on people, if these people can't cut it - GET RID OF THEM. I heard at least 3 stories about my former boss. And these weren't flattering stories. These stories came from 3 different sources on two different days with many hours between each story. This guy should have been washed out of the denomination, as it turns out, YEARS ago. This also explains how he got shipped to the former place of my employement from being a Conf Prez. My experience working under him (and the wifey) also explains why so many positions were 'open' at that Conference.

Darn it - I wish our denomination would pull it together and use common sense in handling many, many things and not just bumble along blindly. I love the church I'm in, but come on people, get your ducks in line!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here here! Preach it Brutha Pester!! Hey, btw, love the pics to go with the story.

The SSP said...

Yeah - I've just heard things lately that have really got me steaming and this site is a perfect way to vent!

Glad you liked the photos - I'm trying to 'dress' things up a bit and make it more interesting.

Anonymous said...

What blows me aways is how people who have no experience in radio, or TV or whatever, are put into positions to make major decisions about their future. If you want a radio ministry to succeed, why not put someone in charge with a strong background into radio? Like, DUH!