Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tough Day at Work

Today, was a tough day at work.

For starters, I had to get things set up and run 3 strands of 100' of cable down a hole, through a wall through two other holes and about 5 pieces of ceiling tile to a new camera location on the radio set. Not a quick and easy job, plus I got all itchy from the insulation! OUCH!

Secondly, we had to get the TV studio all cleaned up from all the construction we've had going on. The mess just compounded - and I wanted it spotless before I left today - so cleaning we did!

Third, I had a tough meeting with management as plans were suddenly changed and from 140+ student workers hours per week, I've been dropped to 80. That really hurts.

Finally, the really bad part is I had to 'let go' one of my guys today. I hated that. He was a good dude, and the fact that managment idea changes have affected not only me, but others 'under' me as well just bugs! Not to mention they spring it on me about 2 1/2 hours before I leave on vacation. Dude, that is mondo rough!!!

Anyway, I am GLAD to be on vacation and don't have to put a foot in that place for at least 2 weeks. Wheeeewwwww!

Out!

No comments: