Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Iggy is ILL

Hey ya.

My pick-up truck is sick. Had to take it to the pick-up-truck hospital this morning.

On Friday the girls and Doreen loaded up the last of the broken bricks in the yard. When I got home we unloaded them then parked the truck for the weekend.

I go to get in Monday morning to drive to work and the drivers side window is busted in. Completely shattered - glass EVERYWHERE. So I walk back in the house and tell Doreen I'm taking the car.

Last night I clean up the mess and this morning we drop it off at the auto glass place to get it replaced. (And to patch the leaky holes in the rubber around the windshield. In Colorado where my folks had it - they don't get much rain - here however, we get a TON of rain and so every time I drive it in the rain the windshield leaks like a sieve!)

After we pick it up tonight or in the morning, we're going to take it right to the brake place and get those fixed. I parked at a golf course last Thur afternoon (My first golfing trip since our last vacation in Montrose with Dad and Scott.) When I parked on the hill and talked with my friend a moment or two while getting all the gear together - the truck started to creep forward. Aye, yai, yai! So I put a block under the tire and have ever since that time.

After I get it back - I'm gonna build a speaker box to stash behind the seat so I can actually listen to my radio w/out all the extra buzzing. Currently the 'magnets' in the speakers are holding them to the back wall of the truck!

Iggy is a work in progress and someday I hope to have it in classic - tip, top shape - but for now - I just need it functional!

Out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I think I need a whatchamacallit so our family can go out GeoCaching too. Hey man, I fixed the links to Staci and Brian on your page. Hope you don't mind. ;-)

The SSP said...

Hey Man, we're gonna do some GeoCaching when we're out there - this month!!! :) We're gonna bring our GPS - the whatchamacallit - and we can use that until you get yours! :)

Thanks for fixin' those links - didn't realize they needed 'a fixin!

See ya soon Bro!