Saturday, May 21, 2005

Digital Photos

Man, I LOVE my digital camera. I really, really love having a digital camera.

Since we've moved in - we're kinda going through stuff and getting rid of a LOT of extra junk.

So yesterday afternoon, I start looking through a pile of unmarked used CD'R pile. One of the CD'rs is a bunch of pictures from our first digital camera. (May 03) So I start looking through the pics then I realize this is an extra and toss it. But it got me started down memory lane, so I pop open the folder of pics on the computer and browse through the last three years.

Of course the girls have gotten much, much taller. Doreen has pretty much stayed the same - except she's in the process of growing her hair out. And I've grown wider!

It was a lot of fun. Many, MANY pictures had me chuckling and a bunch of them had me roaring with laughter. Others with a huge cuteness factor got a big, 'aaaaawwwwwwwww' when they popped up. It was good to refresh those memories.

I have resolved to take more pictures of everything. They're digital - no developing costs - so careful, if you're around us in the near future "Smile cuz you'll be on our camera!" :)

This week of work has been a little bit better. I don't know why specifically. We still haven't 'shot' anything of value. Still trying to wrangle equipment and stuff out of the guy. If he wants to set up television - he's gotta set it up right. So I gotta keep beggin. Aye, yai, yai! That's tiring in itself.

Doreen has really done a TON around here - outside - in getting our lawn to grow more. I've only got 'so' much time after I get home now before bedtime, etc. So she's been really getting into getting stuff raked and mowed and weed 'et and when I get home we are able to focus and really get the 'big' stuff done. This week we got all the major dirt piles cleared and huge rocks and sticks cleaned up and dumped 100 lbs of grass seed down on the 'dirt' areas. Wooo hooo!

I set up my folks old computer for Joelle this week. Had problems with the sound card - but opened the case, blew out 3 tons of dust and reseated all the cards and voila - a working computer. She has had a TON of fun using the paint programs, typing on a word processor and playing an Arthur reading game we've had laying around here waiting for me to get that system up. I fully expect her to pass me in computer knowledge in the next two weeks or so! :)

Well, we've got some friends coming over, and they should be getting here in the next coupla minutes. So I'm going to bid you "adu" for now!

Blessings!

No comments: