Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Cursed Name??? or A Great Flick!!!

Hey,

Just got back from the Sabbath meeting at the Georgia/Cumberland Campmeeting. The girls are finally old enough they can go to their meeting by themselves! Wooohooo!

So Doreen and I went to the young adult meetings to hear Don Keele, Jr. Good message. I love my daughters, but it's good to be around adults for some Sabbath meetings!

Anyway, we're just waiting for family and friends to arrive for lunch - so I thought I'd take this moment to blog.

A few weeks ago we got a call from some friends, an aquaintance we know down here got in a bicycle wreck - he was going down the mountain on a bike and did a head on into the windshield of a car. Last we heard he's still in a coma with multiple bone breaks everywhere and a severed spinal cord. If he comes out, at the minimum, he'll probably be paralized from the chest down.

This got Doreen and I to thinking, because this guys name is Terry T. Then we realized we know other "Terrys" with similar problems.

You all know about Terri Shaivo from the news.

Terry D is my wife's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident and a vegetable.

Terry W was a college student of my father-in-law. He was in a gymnastics accident and is now a quadraplegic.

Then a member of a church I used to attend, Terri O was killed in a white-water rafting accident.

So - I leave it up for you to decide, is that a cursed name or just coincidence.

On to other more enjoyable topics...

Doreen and I went to see Star Wars the other night. Man is it a cool movie. Doreen thought there was too much light saber fighting going on, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Seeing Yoda go off on the Emperor was awesome. At points the movie felt a bit long, but overall it was a GREAT climax to a very, vert good series of movies.

I liked all 6, I'd say the "Empire Strikes Back' Was my least favoite. I'll have to watch all 6 again, in a row, to see which is my favorite! Do you have a favorite or a least favorite of the Star Wars Saga???

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda wild about the Terrys. I have an uncle Terry who had stomach cancer. It's in remission now, though.

"Jedi" would have to be my favorite. Funny we were talking about Episode 3 last night at work and discussing the possibility of getting Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford to do these movies again when they start shooting the 7th, 8th, and 9th stories.

Anonymous said...

Too much light saber fighting? I don't THINK so. You're right, Yoda rules. I'm not sure, but #3 might be my fave. Previously I would have said that #5 was my fave, but I'm not sure now. Like you, I'll need to sit and watch them all to really know.

The SSP said...

Man, I wish we had all 6 on DVD to watch when we're out there the last week of Aug the 1st week of Sept. Ya know??!!!