Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sick, Crazy, Wore Out or Christmas Excitement

Hey there,

What a week it has been! The weather has been awesome. Except for a little rain here and there, it really feels like early spring here. It has been quite pleasant, however if it keeps up we're going to have to double up on the insect repelent this next summer! :)

Natalie got sick this week. So on the score card for school, she attended three full days, stayed home one and made it half a day on the other. One day at school she didn't do much except sleep, and rest with the teacher.

Poor little girl probably got a small sinus infection and the "side of her face," as she put it hurt. Unfortunately she get's that icky trait from my side of the family. When I get sick, sinusitus and bronchitis - guaranteed! :)

Thankfully she's much MUCH better now!

Doreen's been home all week. In fact the day Natalie had to come home, I was in Cleveland, OH and wasn't much help. So the teacher called Doreen and she went to get her.

Doreen's been baking cookies, cleaning, doing a little prep for a big report she has to write next semester and just hanging out.

Of course, I think the 'let-down' of no pressure while being out of school for Christmas break is getting to her. She and the girls were being absolutely hilarious tonight with their crazy thoughts, crazy faces and crazy actions! Also this morning when I got on the computer to check e-mail etc, Doreen hoovered right there and was giving me a very hard time about various things I'd type. Today was her crazy day! Very cute!

I reqested and got 3 trips for the bakery this week. On all of the 3 trips I ended up driving or working late nights and I'm a bit wore out. I've taken 3 cat-naps today. I'll lay down for a moment and be zonked out in no time! Doreen thinks I'll stay up to 3am tonight - hardly. I'll crash not long after finishing this blog entry! :)

Some presents showed up under our tree this week. I was downstairs when Natalie found them Monday morning. She started yelling, "There's presents under the tree, Joelle, There's presents under the tree." (Repeated numerous times of course.) Joelle came running out all excited and they danced around the living room with joy. It was very precious!

Then on different days this week, I've taken each of them separately to buy a Christmas gift for her sibling. In the past they both have wanted to get something they wanted for her sister, and this year they truly got something they thought the sister would like. Nice change!

Well - that's all for now.

Wheeeww!

Later!

No comments: