Monday, December 31, 2007

Pigskin Pick'em Nelson/Pester Bowl VIII - Results

For 8 years my family has competed against each other in picking the outcomes of the NFL games each week on ESPN.com's Pigskin Pick'em.

Oh has it been fun. Making the picks rooting for a team, even though you dislike them, just because you picked them to win in the game trying to get "one up on the guy behind you."


Well, another season has finished and it is time to crown this years champion.

Before we get to that, let's do a quick re-cap of previous champions.

Season - Winner
1 - Scott won the inagural family challenge.
2 - Scott repeated to take the championship the second year.
3 - I won my first championship.
4 - I repeated to take my second.
5 - Again, I re-repeated to take my third championship.
6 - I won my fourth straight family championship.
7 - Tim (who couldn't compete this year because of a new baby & school)
won and was the first, other than Scott & myself to be champion.

Season 8's champion is....

...wait for it...


Scott, to take his third championship!

Hip hip, Horray!

Congratulations man on picking well done!




Second place had a tie between Doreen & Sue. This is the second time in her Pigskin Pick'em record she's come in second.





Congrats on pulling out a second place tie Sue.






My dad and Dan finished in a tie for 4th place.






Kudos to them.





My sister, Staci, finished 6th.




And of course, for the first time in my Pigskin prognosticating career, I finished last.





I think a good time was had by all. I thoroughly enjoyed the NFL season, even though my Denver Broncos didn't fare so good, and loved picking the games against family. Makes the NFL even more interesting, if that's possible.

Thanks to you all for playing another year. Enjoy the off season and we'll see you again, on the Pigskin Pick'em gridiron for another season of smashmouth competition!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doreen sure gave me a run for it. I was quite nervous there at the end!

ljosjo said...

Oh my! Last place for Steve. I really should have tried to make my own predictions based upon whether I liked the sound of the teams name!! I might have even beat Steve!!! LOL
LJO

ljosjo said...

Alright Doreen - you go girl!! Who says girls can't enjoy sports. I don't know anything about sports but it looks like you one upped everyone but Scott and he even had a case of jitters there toward the end - (it is over, isn't it?)

LJO

Trailady said...

Will miss having Superbowl party with ya'll this year. Enjoy!! I think it's Patriots & Packers all the way this time around...