Friday, September 07, 2007

Regrets??? OR This Week's Numbers

Hey there!

On my trips this week, I've been driving a lot between 6 and 10a. During that time I always listen to my favorite radio show on my Sirius Satellite Radio, Mike & Mike in the Morning on ESPN. These two guys are a TON of fun to listen to as they talk the sports of the day.

Well, Today I got home, Doreen and the girls were gone to their schools, I had time to jump in the shower change and put my gear away from my trip and prep for the next one before heading to a meeting. While doing the gear thing I watched the simulcast of The Mike & Mike Show on ESPN2.

As I was watching those guys talk on the radio, using the RE-27 mics and cuing stuff up on the computer screen for the next break etc. It just really hit me, I MISS doing RADIO! I really do. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy what I'm doing now, but I LOVED doing Radio and really, really miss it.

The really bad part is, in the forseeable future, I don't see a way, at all, of getting my foot back in the door of doing radio. It's kind of depressing. Now I know that God can work miracles - and if He wants me back doing a radio ministry, I can - so I just think about that.

No regrets, as we were talking with a friend this evening - things would have been tough had I been fired/let go from my last job, but this one was there at the exact right time when I needed it!

So for the time being, I'm going to be extremely thankful for what I am doing now and all the blessings it's bringing me and my family.

Check out this week's stats.

I ran two trips. (They ended up being MUCH longer than I'd do on a normal week.)

I was home, all day Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday & Friday.

I was home half a day on Monday.

I was gone on my trips, Monday afternoon, Tuesday and Thursday.

That makes such a HUGE difference to my family. I was only gone 2 1/2 days and they weren't even consecutively! Wow. I was home 4 1/2 days this week.

On top of that...

I ran 2977 miles, (about 500 more than a typical week)

Delivered 84,000 lbs of product. (Approx 5,500 cases)

Picked up one shipment in Chicago to return to HQ.

Had a truck brake down on the road that cost us two 1/2 hours time.

Ran & Worked in MI, VA and IL.

Then to top it all off, I got my first 'profit sharing' check from the company. This is the 46th consecutive year they've had a profit to share with ALL the employees.

Because of my length of service and my hire date, I only received a 1/2 this year. Still, the really cool thing is it turned out to be a 4 digit number, in cash. Not to mention the 4 digit profit sharing number, (That is the full amount. All employees get the full amount in their retirement account.) that is MUCH larger than the cash amount automically deposited in my 401k we each get every year.

And the company's profits this year reached over a number that begins with a 'B.'

I am so blessed to be where I am today. It is PERFECT for where we are in our lives right now!!

Thank ya Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question... Why does getting back into radio work depend on it being a "ministry?"

The SSP said...

Um - because I enjoy the ministry of radio so much. Plus, I'm not sure I want to get into commercial radio or even have the 'chops' to make it in commercial radio.

"Shrug?"

Anonymous said...

You are exactly right about God leading you. Its in His perfect time and maybe one day you'll be back in radio. I think you have a gift with radio, so who knows... sometimes though God sorta tests us with our faithfulness to Him, and when we're faithful it doesn't matter where we're at, we're letting God live in us and shine through us to the fullest.