Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Stuff...

I've been extremely busy lately - if not working then doing stuff around home and I've been neglectful of this web-page. Sorry! I know how I like to read regular updates from the rest of you who have a page and it bugs when nothing has been updated and I've gone and done the same thing! :(

So here are a few random thoughts, happenings and pics to enjoy! Hopefully! :)
_______

DIPSTICK

Mocha is growing like my girls - weeds! :) I come home from a 2 day trip and she looks so much bigger. She's doing great and learning every day. We're still working on the 'potty-training' thing. Can't wait until she goes regularly outside!!! A friend saw her recently and told us we gave her the wrong name. We should have named her dipstick. Look at her 'black' tail and it does look like an oil dipstick! Funny! She's still Mocha though! :)
_______

SCOIOLOGY

Doreen's school is going great, although I will be EXTREMELY glad when she is finished with Sociology. This class is driving us BOTH insane. Doreen dislikes it because the unorganized mannor of the teacher and some of his 'theory's' and just the whole pseudo-science of sociology. The teacher has asked the students in the class to each write a paper, and has so many strict perimeters that it is making it extremely difficult. Poor Doreen is having struggles with it. Unfortunatly I can do little to help her but listen. She's getting a very good grade, "A" in the class, but it is extremely frustrating the way the teacher presents things and stuff. Of course she tells me about it and I get annoyed because of some of the stances and statements the teacher makes and - oh!!! I'll just be glad when she is done with this and gets on to 'real' science classes! :)

________

PARENT/CHILD CURSE

Well, my parents have successfully done it. They have passed along the 'curse' that a grandchild will exhibit some of the same characteristics of the child that drove the parent crazy. Understand? Basically it boils down to that my parents put a curse on me that one of my children will do some of the same things to drive me crazy that I did to drive them crazy.

For instance - when I was 'younger' living at home, when I'd get in trouble I would never give my parents a straight answer. I'd delay (I don't know!) Deflect (It was my sisters fault) Sidestep (Answer only part of the question) Ignore or just completely make sure not to answer the question and implicate myself in any possible wrong doing.

It's come back to haunt me. My youngest, Natalie, is beginning to exhibit those tendencies, 2 or 3 times last week she got into trouble and I felt as we were 'talking' with here, that I was having an out of body experience seeing myself sitting in front of my parents answering their questions the same way she was answering ours. Ayi yai yai! We've got to take care of that now. It only gets worse as they reach the teen years, believe me - I know! :( :)

_______

Crazy Hair

Doreen's been growing her hair out for the last little while, trying to get it long. Funny thing is she complains about it not being how she wants it yet, it's too short for this and not long enough for that, etc! We'll it's long enough she can do and imitation of 'Thing' on the Adams Famliy.



Duh, da da duh, snap, snap...





Oh hello! :)
















_____

WORK

Work has been going great lately. In the last 4 weeks, I've run 3rd trips the last 3 of the 4. In fact, we calculated it, last year, I ran 26 third trips. That's a nice chunk of change to fill in some 'holes' we had financially. Those trips enabled us to do some things we otherwise would have not been able to do. I'm extremely thankful to be able to work that extra to help occassionally.

While it is nice to have the option of a third trip, only running the standard 2 it awesome. Last week I ran out Sat night, got back Sunday evening. Then ran out Monday morning and got back early, early, EARLY Wed morning. So I had 4 days at home before working again, All day , Wed, Thur Fri and Sat! Sweet.

________

MEMORIES

One of the things I was able to do during that stretch off...

...finish a hanging of some stuff from my Great Uncle Russell. He traded me a .38 revolver for this German Luger he brought back from WWII. So I got some authentic patches off of Ebay from the Army (Bottom L) Unit (Top C) and Division (Bottom R). Then with a couple of pictures he gave me and a couple of Army Medals, put this together.

I think it's really nice and adds a nice decorative feel to our Office, Entertainment, Excersize basement.

Well that's all for now.

Blessings!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a post! It makes me a little ashamed of myself for not posting lately. On the other hand, I'm not going to go post now. Sooo... Maybe someday I'll get back into posting regularly again. I was the one uber-faithful poster of the family, so it's been weird not posting all the time. But on the other hand it has been like a vacation from work. Unlike regular vacations though, I get to choose when I come back. Not good for a procrastinator like me!