Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Time to Crown a New Champion...

The NFL season has ended. Let us pause a sec to mourn the passing...



...It was a good season with many good games and contests. Now it will be interesting to watch the playoffs to see which two teams will square off in the biggest game of the year - the Superbowl!

It is now time to crown this years champion of the Nelson/Pester Annual Pigskin Pick'em family challenge.

Just for a quick reminder, the first two years of this challenge, Scott was the top Pigskin Picker. For the next 4, yes I did type 4 - that number is correct, yours truly was a 4-peat champion of the Nelson/Pester Pigskin Pick'em family challenge.

The time has come to crown a new champion. Someone who has not been in this spot before. Someone who pretty much dominated most of this season. Someone who deserves it.

The Nelson/Pester Pigskin Pick'em Family challenge winner is, Tim. Tim, we salute you. "Salute." Be a good champion! Enjoy your reign! Bask in the glow of knowing you outpicked the rest of us. Then know we will ALL be after you next year!!! :)















Congratulations man!

For the rest of you, here's a quick run-down of where the rest of us finished...

# 1 - Tim!!! :) Score 153
# 2 - Scott Score 150
# 3 - Doreen Score 149
# 4 - Steve Score 148
# 5 - Sue Score 147 - She did an awesome job and lead at one point.
# 6 - Mary Score 145 - She also lead early in the season.
# 7 - Larry Score 140
# 8 - Herb Score 127
And last by not least...
# 9 - Staci Score 100

What a great game - thanks to each of you for playing and making it an even more interesting season.

Everyone send Tim a virtual 'pat' on the back! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- congrats to the brainy winner!!

(Uh, isn't that the blue suit from Dumb & Dummer????) LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad I beat YOU, even if I did end up losing to Tim!

Hey man, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the spirit you put into our little game! Keep it up.

I look forward to whipping you again next year. HAHAHA!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention this, but... I THINK I lead the most weeks.

The SSP said...

Yeah, you may have beat me this year. But for the 5th year in a row, once again you are 2nd. That makes you the 1st loser! Oohhhh ouch'a! :)

Sorry man - I had to ! :)

Yes, I do belive that you did lead the most weeks, leaving me scrambling trying my hardest to catch up! I did and even pass you at one point, but the last two weeks of the season killed me.

Kudos to you.

One additional point. I was looking over my lists from previous seasons and this is the 3rd year in a row that Doreen has finished as the top female. Hummm!

Good season. Can't wait for next year!!!!!