Monday, January 08, 2007

Run Away Shopping Cart

Last week Natalie had her 4 year old well child check. She's growing 'on schedule.' Like a little weed! Anyway, at the same visit we had the doctor look at what turned out to be a bad sinus infection she had.

We got a prescription, took it to Wal-mart then went to eat lunch at a nearby restaurant.

An hour and a half later, back at Wal-mart, I go get the 'non-food' items and Doreen does our grocery shopping. I had only a few things to get then went to stand in line at the pharmacy. It was LONG. Took me probably 20 minutes to get up to the front. The needed my medical card for verification, then they were going to mix the medication. (It was a liquid.) I gave 'em my card and waited another 15 min at the side. They weren't getting back to me. Doreen had gotten there long before I reach the window the 1st time, so she took left her grocery cart, took then kids and went to look at the fish.

So after waiting at the side, I got in line again, and Joelle came with me. Doreen was standing in the next isle with Natalie and our cart. A friend called her, so they were chatting on the phone. Then a friend from church came by and they hugged and talked for a sec. When Doreen turned around - our grocery cart was GONE! Vanished, Disappeared. I believe it was an employee who, seeing it sit there for almost 40 minutes thought it was abandoned and took it to be restocked. Doreen found another employee who was obviously clueless, and very non helpful - so she went to do the grocery shopping again. I finally was able to obtain the medication, we met, finished the shopping and headed home!

That was way too much time in Wal-mart, waiting, and shopping twice! :(

Aye ayi ayi!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!! That sucks big time. That sounds about like something Wal-Mart would do. They can't put away all the stuff they have laying around, but it you leave your cart for to long then they'll take it. *sigh* Yup!! That certainly sounds like Wal-Mart.