Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Old & Fragile OR Super Swimmers

Been a while since I've been to this site. Time to post again! Actually, I just need to get back into the habit. My trip schedule has changed at work and while I do enjoy my new schedule (IN on Sun Eve and SC on Wed Eve) it gives me the weekend free and then we fill those days up with stuff and don't get as much just free time as I had before. Oh well - the good and bad of any situation!

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago at the company picnic, I ran into two co-workers that both were 'gimpin' around the park.

The first is a lady, who is in the IT department, I play in the racquetball legue. The week previous, she had a game and twisted her knee badly. Turns out, she tore her MCL and the Minicisus (Not sure if I spelled that properly.) The second is a a truck driver, who snapped his ACl after getting a hit and running to second, right after crossing 1st base. OH MY! Both will be out a few weeks.

Those two events have me paranoid now. I LOVE playing racquetball and I'll be playing on in softball league this season. I stretch out before any activity, work or play and am trying to eat better and more healthfully.

I don't want to 'stop' doing stuff just cuz of the risk of injury, and I don't want to get injured cuz I get careless. Guess I'll just have to play and pray for the best!

Getting old really stinks!

Joelle and Natalie have finished swimming lesons this year. Joelle has become a very strong swimmer and has most all her strokes down pat, and just needs few pointers now and then.

Natalie, did all right, she didn't get the full concept of a swimming stroke or tow, but for her size and age, she did really well.

So their teacher passed them both into the next left. Next year, watch out Level 5 - here they come!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah getting old is the pitts. Believe me I know. A month in the hospital proved that. Working at the school today, 1:00 to 5:00 totaly did me in. Aslo Remember your dad blew out his knee at age forty playing softball in B C Mich.

Pop