Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1st Broken Bone - Ever

This morning I got home from my trip at 5am. I Facebooked a little bit, then laid down on the guest bed until breakfast.

About 7:45 Joelle comes rushing downstairs and mumbles, "Daddy, come up stairs quick." I didn't really understand, then she finally spoke clearly, "Daddy, come up stairs - Mommy needs help."

So I jump out of bed and rush upstairs.


Doreen's standing in the tub, with a towel wrapped around her, hanging on to the wall, sucking air between her teeth like "That hurts!"

So I look down at where she's looking and I see this on her foot. Turns out she started to climb into the shower, but didn't completely clear her left foot and banged the pinkie toe on the side of the tub and she heard a 'pop.'

She thought, "ouch, that hurt, and went to get showering, then it really started to hurt and she looked down and saw this." Oy vai!





So we both quickly changed/dressed and wrapped her foot in ice, towels and an ace bandage. Dropped the kids off at my in-laws place, (I AM SOOOO Thankful for their help) and headed to an Emergency Room.

Once we got in there, she got a wheel chair ride, and a bed ride. All sorts of fun stuff to make up for the hurt of having to be there! :)

The nurses really liked the wrap on her foot. I'm pretty proud of that last sec work!

After a bit of waiting, then a visit from a nurse, a bit more waiting, another nurse, and then more waiting - we got transferred to X-ray for 3 shots of her foot.

Then the ER Doc came in and broke the news. It's completely broken and will eventually heal on 'it's own.






They gave her a refferal name of a Podiatrist Dr to look at it on Monday to see if it's all right or if anything else needed to be done.

Either way, it's a very, VERY eventful morning!

Wheeeew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much for sleep. I can feel for her. A broken toe is one of the more painfull things to have happen. Been there done that and got the tshirt. Tape it to the next toe and learn to live with it is all you can do.