Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Favorite Movie Music

Last night Doreen and I watched, "Love Actually." It's a pretty good little flick. If they could have not had so much language in it - it'd been a bunch better! :)

Anyway, in the extras - they talked a LOT about the music of the movie. It had some good stuff in it and it just amazed me how much they put in to get the right music for the background. The right music can really, REALLY enhance the pictures, and the wrong choice just kills the scene.

It took me back to the first movie in which I actually noticed the 'music.' Iron Eagle. Man the music in that flick is just awesome.

Other movies that I really, REALLY enjoyed the music are...

-Top Gun
-Dances with Wolves (The score is amazing in this one)
-Romy & Michelle (Sorry, I'm an 80's music fan!! He, he, he)

So I'd be interested in hearing what movie's music really resounded with you???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) "Xanadu"

Ok, don't hate. The movie sucks greatly, however the music is for real (at least, it is if you like Olivia Newton-John and ELO).

2) "Brother to Brother"

Independent film dealing with a partly-fictional account of Harlem Renaissance writer, Bruce Nugent. Great traditional jazz and newer trip-hop soundtrack.

3) "The Lord of the Rings" whole trilogy.

Great sweeping scores.

Trailady said...

Music was great in Top Gun & Iron Eagle! Also Footloose, White Nights & Flashdance- the 80's were WAY cool! Some newer soundtracks I like are: 'The Rings trilogy', 'Titanic', 'Pearl Harbor', 'O, Brother Where Art Thou', 'Herbie Reloaded' and 'Narnia'.