Friday, April 08, 2005

A Nap - 1st time in a couple of weeks

If you've read any of my blogs over the last few months, you've probably noticed - I LOVE to take naps.

Lately, because of the crazyness of my life, that luxury has woefully been missing.

Well, I snagged one today. Yeeee hawwww!

At work - we're still working on getting the TV studio done. That is all fine and good, it needs to be completed. However, we have little or no equipment. I've been asking my boss for 2 weeks to order tripods and batteries for the cameras and some other very essential equipment. It hasn't happened.

Yesterday I asked him to order the equipment this morning and he said - lets finish the "green wall" (A chroma key wall just like weathermen use.) I said, "we're going to get this set done and not have any equipment to shoot it. Let's order the equipment first thing - then finish the wall as the company packs up and sends us the equipment while we're working on TV studios." He finally relented.

So - for an hour, I tried tracking him down to actually order the equipment. I think it finally got done, I had to leave. I'm praying it got done! :) We need that equipment if we're going to actually be a TV studio! :)

Well - I ran by the house, which the excavator showed up Thursday and got the final grading of the land done. Yeeee haaawww! The carpenter is coming in Sunday to build the deck. The carpet isn't in yet, but that should happen this next Wed & Thur. The sidewalk should be put in on Mon or Tue this week too! It's coming together!

Anyway - Thursday after the excavator did his thing, Doreen got a friend to watch the kids and met me at the house. We put down 150 pounds of grass seed and 15 bails of straw. We started at 5 and she left at 7, and I finally got done about 8:30. WOW! :) Hope the rain Thur night and Friday helps it grow like gangbusters! :)

So, back to today - I stopped by the house and the painter was finishing up the exterior trim and I popped in for a moment, then headed home. Got home as the family was finishing up lunch and then Doreen had to go to a Dr appointment, so I put Natalie down for a nap and then Joelle and I crashed for a couple of hours. Boy do I feel a TON better!

On a Sad note - Dad called me last night to let me know that Grandma isn't doing so well. She recently had a stroke and has been struggling with pneumonia lately. So they ran some tests and found that her 'valve' (not gonna try to spell the actual medical word for it! He, he, he!) when she eats isn't completely closing - so she's getting stuff in her lungs. Then the 'valve' between her esophagus and stomach isn't closing completely either. So she's getting stuff from her stomach in her lungs as well.

The long and short of it is - my dad and his sister have decided not to use 'heroic' methods to prolong her life. She won't leave an IV or feeding tube in - so they'll let her eat and drink and do the best, with hospice, to keep her comfortable in her last few days. I guess they're guestimating she's got about a month. She's 93 and had quite a very full life - so this is very sad. Not only that, we have to be planning to attend a funeral in Lincoln sometime in the very near future! Sad!

Hey, we're hoping to move on Friday - anyone wanna come help??!! :)

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are coming as fast as we can to help you move. Just be patient mOM AND DAD