Saturday, April 02, 2005

House selling scare...

So today we went to Sabbath School, church a meal afterwards, then spent some time in a planning meeting for our upcoming VBS in June.

After the meeting I spent some time recording some local WKPJ ID's with some church members and kids on our LPFM station. It was cool. Joelle & Natalie did GREAT and it was extremely cute.

So we got home mid-afternoon and Natalie was sacked out - so we put her in bed and then started a fire in our fireplace - it was VERY COLD out today. Joelle played with a bunch of different things and Doreen and I snoozed in front of the fireplace.

A while later, we all woke up and at that point Doreen noticed our answering machine had a message and it was our realtor asking us to call. I almost had a coronary!!!

So Doreen called and the realtor said that the family who bought our place had a couple of concerns...

...aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

...but that she'd made a couple of calls and found the answers to their questions and they were happy again.

Oh My Word.

Gotta get this house in Collegedale done! Gotta Get moved. Gotta close early!!! :)

So - the 'tease' for the 11p news just came on and mentioned they'd talk to people about what the Pope of the last 26 years meant to them. That prompted Doreen to ask what the pope meant to me. My response - pretty much nothing. I couldn't think of anything that 'he' as a person meant to me.

I vaguely remember the previous Pope dying and the HUGE 'to do' they had as a memorial service - then the announcement of this guy. I've been interested in a few of the writings coming out of this Papacy - on how Evolution and Creation can basically both be believed - for one. But other than that - not much.

So did this Pope mean anything to you?

Well - the rest of this weekend has us cleaning up bricks outside and cleaning up the messy, MESSY floor inside!

Hope yours is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This pope has meant absolutely nothing to me.

Anonymous said...

I just read something that pretty much summed up my thoughts on the pope. Check it out: http://www.tonypierce.com/blog/2005/04/turning-other-cheek-to-child.htm