Friday, December 08, 2006

What a Week

Hoooooowwwwwwwdeeeeeeee!

Well, we have had quite the week here. Plus the weather is getting freaky, so - quite the week, quite the week! (It got down to 12 degrees last night, that is EXTREMELY cold for TN! :)

It all started with me only asking for 2 trips this week because Joelle & Natalie were going to ride a float in the Collegedale parade and I wanted to be here for that.

So I had the pleasure of being home the entire weekend, last weekend.

Got to enjoy my little ones in the parade - I'll have to get caught up on some pics here soon - and then got home, chilled for a bit, then left for work. Took a trip up to Toledo, OH. Not a bad place - just a kind of a pain on the where we pick up our back haul - slowville! It kills us on our log books.

Got home Tuesday at 8am and left back out at 3pm for a Mississippi run. 3 Simple stops, easy run.

On the return home the bakery called asking me to take another quickie run. So I said "yeah." The plan was to arrive at the yard a 2a, hook the tractor up to the trailer and run for Dallas, GA. Well - you know about the best laid plans of mice and men, yup that's what happened here.

Got in and my co-driver wasn't back from his previous trip yet, the trailer was waiting on some cases they were short of and to boot, my name had come up for a random drug screen. I had to go pee in a cup before leaving on the trip.

I headed over to the nurses station disgusted, because I had JUST gone before leaving the house.

So I sat there for about 45 min, drank about 8 glasses of water and finally was able to 'participate' in the drug screen.

All told, we get through the gate on the way out at 4:45a. So on the way south, we do run into a bit of rush-hour traffic in N Atlanta. We get to the drop and empty the trailer and head home. Week over - work wise.

So we've been 'gearing' up for a baby shower we're throwing for some good friends of ours on Sunday. Unfortunately, I've been at work, Doreen has been studying for some tests and we've had other things taking our attention.

Well, a few lists later, we get a plan of attack and get to work. This afternoon, we got a HUGE chunk of stuff done.

Hope it comes off right or this will be a 'bad' week.

So far, it's been unusual, extremely busy but very, VERY good!

What a week! :)

1 comment:

Trailady said...

Whoo-hooo, good for you! Always nice to spend time with family and get things done!!

Guess we'll see you this weekend at K&K's for lunch. :o)